Sunday, January 30, 2011

Situation Normal...

We went birding at Brooklyn Bridge Park. Some newbie birder posted sightings of a Nelson's Sparrow and a Seaside Sparrow there. :-) We didn't even see House Sparrows there today.

This crow was staking out his territory.
I thought that this was a really Edgar Allen Poe sort of moment as I looked up.

The Statue of Liberty as seen from Brooklyn Bridge Park.

Tonight I made dinner in my *OWN* kitchen. Skillets that conduct heat, cast iron pans that can go from the stove top into the oven, and knives that actually cut!!!!
I was so happy that I tried a new recipe

I wasn't crazy about it though. I didn't I like the way the whole grain mustard tasted. The recipe was beer braised cabbage. Next time, I will try another mustard. Maybe deli mustard and I will leave out the cider vinegar.
That's Tabla's Tikka Marinated chicken thighs from Fresh Direct along with the beer braised cabbage.

What do you get when you cross the Cat in the Hat with a Jack-in-the-box.
A Cat in the Box
brandishing her
"what can I do to get back at you for disturbing me" evil eye look.
She was kind of pissed off at me.
Wait till they finally pick up the garbage in NYC and we can throw out the box.


No comments:

Post a Comment