Sunday, January 9, 2011

Double Duty

Today I spent the day indoors trying to get over a cold. It was really cold and windy out, so even if we wanted to, bird watching was out of the question. Instead, I spent the day making jewelry. I didn't finish the pieces yet. I will work on them in class this week. I am making iolite earrings and probably a rhodolite garnet necklace.

Yesterday I posted pictures of my organized kitchen. One day, I will have an organized jewelry studio. But until that day, I solder in the kitchen and work in the living room. The place gets a little messy, especially when I want to do etching. That's when I take over the back room and close the door to keep the cats out. I have to lay plastic drop cloths over the floor, in case the highly corrosive ferric chloride I use, spills on it. Larry has a theory about me and clutter. He believes everything belongs in it's place. He says that I believe that everything belongs all over the place. We manage.
My makeshift solder station.
The hardest solder I can work with is medium. With that little butane torch I can't get metal hot enough to melt hard solder.
My work station is a table in the living room. I have to lay my tools out on the floor. That's Larry in the background. He's waiting for me to finish soldering and clean up the kitchen, so he can cook me dinner.

He made a really good dinner for me tonight-I sort of helped, I roasted the chicken and shredded the meat. I found the recipe for Spicy Tortilla Soup also. Besides the chicken, it had corn, tomatoes, red onions in it. At the table he added, tortilla chips, avocado, fresh cilantro and feta cheese.
He he is adding the final touches to the soup.
Here he is again,
Larry, the happy chef.

Here is the result of our combined effort.
Maybe the chicken soup will help me to feel better.
Nu? it couldn't hurt.


No comments:

Post a Comment