Friday, January 7, 2011

Love, Love, Love.

When I got home, tired and achy from the gym, my loving husband had this delicious meal waiting for me.
Organic Lacinato Kale with nuts and raisins and broiled Lamb chop.

I worked my butt off tonight. The rowing machine, ab work with a 55cm ball, a 30 minute warm up for an hour long spin class. I was so happy when I walked in the door to find dinner waiting for me and the table set. Before I left for the gym I made a Tahini Dressing for the kale.

I put Tahini, some balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, canola oil, salt, parsley and water in the food processor and let it combine. Larry loves his vegetables cooked with something else-a melange as he calls it. I love my veggies naked.

I love NYC, I love all the different ethnic cuisines in the city. Frequently I will make an Indian side dish with an Italian main course. Or a Mideastern main course with a Chinese side dish. I also love all the different condiments I can get here. One of my favorites is Jamaican-BTW I love Jamaican food-give me ackee and callaloo, hard dough bread, rice and peas, Jerk pork or chicken and I am in heaven.
Pickapeppa sauce...

I use it on lamb, beef, chicken. I put it in Chili. I use it when I stew ox-tails. I put it in my meatloaf and my meatballs. It is one of my secret ingredients (not any more). I thank all my Jamaican friends for introducing me to this wonderful sauce.

I realized today that what I really love is food. I really have to work so hard at not overeating. I could have finished all the lamb that Larry cooked for me and I could have mixed my kale with the tahini dressing, but that would have made my dinner so fattening. Instead I froze half the lamb, and only tasted a bit of the Tahini dressing that I made. I have to work really hard both physically and mentally to maintain my weight loss.

But nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment