Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2(Cold)+Windy=Hot+Spicy

This cold is effecting my mental state. I am feeling better, but not well enough to venture out into the cold and windy night to resume my normal activities. I should have been in Spin class and then Zumba. I wanted to go, but I know that would set my recovery back significantly. I stayed home and cooked dinner.

I wanted something relatively easy to make that had a kick to it. I went to my bookshelf full of Weight Watcher cookbooks and chose...
hot and spicy Szechuan chicken with cashews and dry sauteed green beans.

It always makes me feel good when I see my favorite happy eater enjoying his dinner.


My Clean Platter Ranger

When Larry returned from his vigorous walk this afternoon, I made him his favorite diner meal for lunch. A hot cup of coffee with a tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat toast. I was left a $1 tip but he stiffed me on the bill.

He did have some serious competition for the tuna.
Hence the placement of the protective pickles. Sort of like going to see the puffins on Machias Seal Island. To get to the rocks they hang out on you have to walk to the blind holding a 6ft high pole over your head. The poles offer you some protection from the Arctic Terns dive bombing you. Which is a logical reaction for them, since to get to the puffins you have to walk through the tern's breeding grounds. They aim for the highest point, hopefully they won't miss. Because if they do, you won't get to see the puffins and Razorbills.
Larry must be happy, since I am feeling better I no longer moan like a puffin.



No comments:

Post a Comment