Sunday, January 23, 2011

Can you toss me some cookies?

Last night I stayed over at my friend's house and he prepared dinner. He made pasta with tomato sauce and green beans.

Tonight I had some really bad news. Instead of coming home to a home cooked meal, I had to find stuff in the house that I could reheat for myself.
Left over city.
That's Trader Joe's curried rice-don't bother with it. I picked out the peas and the raisins and threw the rest away. It was yucky. And here you will see the last of the chickpeas and kasha, broccoli and acorn squash. There ain't no more.


It was a very bitterly cold day out on the ocean today. I know, I was on a fishing boat bird watching. We left Freeport, LI form Nautical Mile at 8am as scheduled. On the way out the ocean was so calm, but I know better. I ate very light this morning. Two vitamuffins, and a couple of crackers. I was out on deck most of the morning snapping photos, trying to find and ID the birds.

Sitting on the beach were lots of happy Brant,
until we passed them by.

The best shots I got today were of Gannets. Some came really close to the boat.




Being out in the cold all day, is very tiring. Tonight is supposed to be the coldest night in 6 years. Five degrees. I am happy I won't be on that fishing boat, as chum wasn't the only thing hurled off the side of the ship today. Glad you didn't catch my drift!

No comments:

Post a Comment