Wednesday, January 5, 2011

day five, no jive...

Tonights dinner was delicious!!!!
My good friend Jamie and I met in Manhattan and went Madangsui, a Korean BBQ restaurant in Midtown I planned for this meal all day. I had yogurt with fruit for breakfast, went to the gym and worked out, and had shrimp and curried cauliflower egg white foo young* for lunch. I was ready for tonight.

I began dinner with a Sapporo beer. That's right I had a beer! It tasted really good with with the 8 starters. Kimchee, dried tofu in hot sauce, dried sea weed, some sort of greens, macaroni salad (I know-huh?), marinated mushrooms. I skipped the garlic in hot sauce and the onions in hot sauce.
This is just the beginning.

Our appetizers-fried dumplings and edaname.

My dinner- short ribs in a sweet soy sauce.

Jamie's dinner, mixed vegetable Bibimbob.

After dinner we went to a Starbucks, the baristas seemed a bit overwhelmed by the 2 confused women on line in front of us. They had each wanted a cupcake in a box. I know it sounds like a very complicated transaction. Jamie had a hot cup of tea and I had a cappuccino with 2% milk. When we were leaving 30 minutes later, I saw the cupcake twins, still had 1/2 a cupcake each left over.
LEFT OVER CUPCAKES!!!
What willpower to linger over cupcakes for a half hour.
I should live so long.

*Shirmp and curried cauliflower egg white foo young
I had left over curried cauliflower from a salad bar, it was served with baby spinach. I also had about 5 or 6 large cooked shrimp. I sprayed a non stick pan with Pam and heated up the cauliflower and shrimp until warm and fragrant. I took 4 egg whites, do not whisk or mix and poured it over the shrimp and cauliflower.

It was good and very low in calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment