Monday, January 24, 2011

Who will it be? Bachelorette number 1, number 2 or me!

This is my second night as a bachelorette. Larry says that I eat like a typical single girl, standing in the kitchen. He doesn't know-what all dieters know-that the food you eat while standing, doesn't count.

Oy! Sylvia! Enough with the bubbe maisses!

Today I was really upset about my mother-in-law being in the hospital. I do three things when I get upset. Cook, clean and eat. Cooking and cleaning, not so bad/eating, bad. Somehow I think food is going to make things better. When Larry told me that his father is eating hot dogs and he is having a bologna sandwich- I cringe.

Enter Super Sheff Shari! to their rescue.

I made them a nice fruit salad, and tomato sauce. I bought a beautiful rye bread, lox and low fat cream cheese. I have some chicken breasts and I bought cauliflower. If I can do one thing for them in their time of need, it's to feed them well. Hot dogs and bologna, they're killing me!

Tonight I made broiled scallops over sauteed kale with Japanese Sweet Potato.
Easy-peezy-lemon-squeezey.

The key to not drying out the scallops is cooking on the stove and then finishing them in the broiler. My message board pals turned me on to Japanese Sweet Potatoes. They are incredibly delicious. I never want to eat a tasteless yam again.



No comments:

Post a Comment