Friday, January 14, 2011

Jewelry class, Jan 2011

Here I am sitting in my favorite seat in Jewelry class surrounded by my tools. I am in the process of making stack rings. I have 4 really pretty triangular shaped stones. I have been informed that making triangular bezels are a bitch. First step, though is to make the ring shanks. To make them you start with square wire and form it into a circle 2 sizes smaller than your ring size and solder it closed. I start with a size 3. Then you completely finish them. (Those are not my new eyeglasses!)
That's me at the "buff bar" I am polishing the rings. I have been told several times that this is the most dangerous piece of equipment in the entire studio. I had to pull my hair back, hence the frightful coif. (those aren't my new glasses either they are safety goggles). The next step is to hammer them on a ring mandrel with a planishing hammer until they are your size.
Now comes the challenge, rounded triangular bezels.
To be continued...

Dinner tonight was thrown together after I got home from spin class. Larry steamed cauliflower for me and mashed it up. I spooned it into a serving dish. Topped the cauliflower with browned onions, turkey pepperoni and part skim mozzarella cheese and browned it in the broiler. I had thawed and reheated pork chops and lamb...any one else would have called it mixed grill, I call it being too lazy to cook and rummaging through freezer for leftovers.
much better tasting than it looks.
Larry's said it looks like the dog's breakfast next to someone's torn out heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment