Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Low Iodine Diet Diaries-day 9--rattling the pots and pans.

I am trying to stay OUT of the kitchen.  But it is hard because everything I eat I have to cook from scratch. I am tired of buying vegetables. I really would just like to open a pouch of tuna fish and mix in some mayo and call it lunch.  Won't be able to do that until 8/4.
Some where over the rainbow, there is an end in site to all this....
 But, until then, I have to make this diet, tasty and tolerable. I can't imagine doing this if you don't cook and experiment with new foods. I found a product called Rich Whip Liquid.  It's a kosher, non-dairy substitute for heavy cream.  You can make whipped cream from it.  I'm game. First, I had to check with Rich Foods, to find out about the salt in the product.  They confirmed that it was plain non-iodized salt. Then, I had to go the Kosher Experience at Shoprite in Lakewood and believe me, it is an "experience".  I hope I never have to go there again. But it's the only place I know to get Rich Whip.  Tomorrow I will make whipped cream for my chocolate zucchini bread.  I am happy.  I don't usually eat anything like that, but, I deserve a treat.  I made lemon sugar jello last night and will make more later on tonight for tomorrow.

Shari's Whipped Cream...
Heavy Cream (Rich Whip Liquid)
vanilla 
Splenda
any flavor liquor you want. 
I like chambrod.

Another good find is Quick Chek.  They have original Coffee Mate, something I can have.  I stopped in today and made a cup of coffee.  Woo-hoo! Life is good!

I am a creature of habit (most of them bad), breakfast is usually the same thing every day.
Breakfast- 1c. Simply Fiber, a plum and some pineapple, hemp milk.

Lunch was on the run today.
Lunch-1/2 c. curried chick peas, 1/2 c. quiona and a small salad. 
Snack-coffee and fruit salad, rice cake with peanut butter and sugar free apricot spread.

Dinner, 5oz turkey meatballs, homemade tomato sauce. Frozen veggies.
I usually put anchovy paste and grated cheese in meatballs, those are my secret ingredients SSHHH!... don't tell Larry, he will never eat them again cheese and fish combined are a big no-no in his world!.  And I load up my tomato sauce with cheese.  Tomorrow I will have pasta with left over meatballs and sauce for lunch, sans fromage.

The answer to yesterday's series...it was the Red-tail Hawk.  The duck, the swan and the Statue of Liberty are all in the water! Got ya!!!!!

Today's bird...
Puerto Rican Tody
it's a beautiful little bird






No comments:

Post a Comment