Friday, July 26, 2013

Low Iodine Diet Diaries-Day 12--At the Amish Market/Whipped "Cream"

Today's Big Treat
I went to the Amish Market today in Columbus, NJ. The Amish Market is only a small part of the Columbus Market Complex.
http://www.columbusfarmersmarket.com/

I bought bulk herbs and spices, bulk sugar free candy, pickled beets for after the LID.  I asked about the salt in the baked goods, but the women in the market didn't know.  I could have had some bread if I had known. My neighbor, Jerry, the Jer, of Jer-Zi pickle fame, had never been to the market before.  He was amazed how big it was.  He had lunch there, I couldn't. :-( Oh, Well! on 8/4 I will be able to eat what I want.  Crab Cakes and French onion soup!

A very good LID day, a not so good diet day.
Breakfast-Simply Fiber Cereal, banana, hemp
Snack (before leaving for the market) LID blueberry muffin and SF Apricot jelly
Lunch-A bowl Corn Soup, made with the cobs of corn and Pacific Low Sodium Chicken broth, carrots in soup.
Dessert-Chocolate Zucchini Bread with Whipped Rich Whip. 

Amazingly, the Rich Whip tastes just like Whipped Cream.
I put Kalhua and Splenda in it. I was impressed.

Whipped "Cream"



Dinner-skinless BBQ chicken, with salad and Jer-Zi homemade kosher sour dill pickles

Peeve is standing guard once more.


It's been a real busy night, I made beef stew for tomorrow and for next week.  I made my breakfast and lunch for the field trip tomorrow. And I still have dishes in the sink to do. 

Bird Picture of the Day
Today's cool weather reminded me of Fall


Pine Siskins in backyard


Hairy Woodpecker  and Red Breasted Nuthatch

Rufous Hummingbird






No comments:

Post a Comment