Thursday, July 25, 2013

Low Iodine Diet Diaries-Day 11--Starting to get antsy

I am beginning to get a bit anxious about next week.  I go for the Thyrogen injections, the whole body scan and the ablation.  I can tell, all I want to do is eat sweets. And I  think the Coffee Rich is upsetting my stomach. Tomorrow I will use Coffee Mate for a few days.  I didn't stick to my weight loss diet today, but I did stick to the low iodine diet, which right now is more important.

I also had less protein and more grains today.  I blew the day right from the beginning. I had oatmeal for breakfast, because I wanted to see if I could make my own "instant" oatmeal.   The differences in the types of oatmeal, (old fashioned, quick and instant) are only the cuts of the grain.  I put old fashioned oatmeal in the food processor, pulsed it many times, and got instant oatmeal.  That was 2 starches right there and 1 grain.
Breakfast, instant oatmeal, banana, hemp milk
Snack Apple.
Lunch-salad, chick peas, dried cranberries, nuts and dressing.  Babaganoush on salt free tortillas chips. 
Snack-nuts

Another weird thing that my body does, is when it is craving nutrients, I crave sweets.  This diet is so nutritionally out of balance, that I am sure I am becoming deficient in something.

Dinner-homemade chili, boiled potatoes, veggies and more chips
Dessert-chocolate zucchini bread.

I had about 1/2c. of chili, I made it from ground chicken and navy beans that I soaked.  I didn't like it at all, but Larry did and will finish it lunch tomorrow.

not much of a dinner tonight

 Bird picture of the day 
Feeding Baby Huey
Cowbird chick begging food from a Chipping Sparrow

Cowbirds lay their eggs in other birds nests, and then split. They have done their job.  The eggs hatch and the foster parent now has to raise the chick. 




1 comment:

  1. Hi Shari, My name is Carmen and I discovered your blog just 5 minutes ago when I was surfing to find out if it was acceptable to use my EmergenC supplement on my iodine restricted diet. My IA will be in about 2 weeks and I started the IR diet 3 days ago. Yow! You have already helped me! Thank you! Hemp milk, huh? I have been 'enjoying' my tea, oatmeal, fruit (for which I used almond milk).

    I am studying to complete my Master Naturalist's certification in Texas and LOVE your birding pics and accounts! Thank you so very much! You have saved me from deprivation! Yours, Carmen (New Braunfels, Texas)

    ReplyDelete