Monday, July 22, 2013

Low Iodine Diaries-Day 8--needed Ca and Fe

I think not having Calcium and Iron in my diet really got to me. I woke up really feeling crappy and was totally off today.  I had a couple Tums and an Iron pill with lunch, rested for a bit and I felt much better. I was messing up things at work all day long.

Day 8-I can't believe that I made it this long.  It's getting easier and harder at the same time.  I am totally bored with  food.  I keep trying to kick up the seasoning, change the culture, change the ingredients to jazz things up.  But it's not working.  I am not a meat and potatoes eater.  I want a tuna fish sandwich, cole slaw and some melted cheese.

I am very happy I found the Simply Fiber cereal.  It's made a big difference to me and my "transit time" as my GI calls it.
Breakfast-1 cup Simply Fiber, pineapple and blueberries, hemp milk, cinnamon. 

I may have had more protein today than the diet allows, or I maxed out the amount I can have. I felt  I really needed more today after being so wiped out.
Lunch-1/2 of a chicken breast, roasted apricot and plums, 1/2 of a skinless baked potato, left over peppers, onions and zucchini from last night's dinner. 

Snack-"buttered" homemade bread. 

Dinner wasn't so adventurous tonight.  I steamed green beans and nuked my side dishes from left overs.
I boiled some potatoes, steamed green beans.  The amount of cooking I am doing is much more that I am used to.

Dinner-BBQ'd pork chop, frozen mixed vegetables, salt free soup with a small boiled potato, steamed green beans. 

Every day after lunch I had a couple of squares of 85% Cocoa Chocolate, for the all the health benefits. :-)
It's very easy to have this treat on the LID diet, there are so many brands that only use ingredients that we can have. I also made some sugar free lemon jello.  I shot an email off to the people who make Coffee Rich, they make something called Whip Rich.  If the salt is not iodized, I can make some whip cream. That might be enough of a treat on my jello or chocolate zucchini bread.  Yum!

It's been threatening rain for the past couple of hours, my scar is itching like crazy. 

Today's bird picture is a video of "Frick and Frack"
We have named the turkeys that stop by a few times a day to graze. 

Test your knowledge
Which picture doesn't belong in the series?






I am going to keep you in suspense until tomorrow. 




No comments:

Post a Comment