Saturday, February 5, 2011

who is the birthday girl today? a day late and a dollar short.








who is the birthday girl today?
who is the birthday girl today?
who is the birthday girl today?
it's litte Shari Zirlin!!!!


That's my Sugar Free birthday cake, they said that it served 3 and it was 270 calories per serving. We served 3 and have 1/2 the cake left.

I have been taking it really easy and cooking very little these past few days.

Dinner Feb 3rd.
Yes that is a Bloody Mary with my meal. I really needed all that vitamin C.
Salad with Blue cheese dressing and a grilled chicken on a roll.


Feb. 4th
Still taking it easy
I made oxtails a couple of days ago.
Like any stew, it tasted better as it aged a few days. That's sweet potato oven fries with sauteed cabbage and the gravy from the oxtails, with a couple of oxtails.
The NY Times had an article about Jamaican Oxtail stew yesterday. Mine sounds so much better. One day when I am not behind on my posts. I will write it out.
Larry said that he hasn't seen his mother enjoy a meal as much as she enjoyed the oxtails since Aunt Rose last made her Baccala.

And here it is...my
Birthday dinner!!!!
Feb 5th.
London Broil with Polenta, steamed asparagus and mixed vegetables.

and finally today's dinner
The brown lump is meatloaf, a baked potato and salad.
The meatloaf was really good.
Another day I'll post my meatloaf recipe.

Yesterday was a dismal day. It was raining, raw and I was chilled to the bone. The only place to go on a miserable day is to a jewelry show. We went to the Newark Museum and saw the show that was there. It was really beautiful.

Today was a great day! We went down the Jersey Shore to Brigantine NWR. It was like a spring day to us. Warm (in the 40's), no snow and sunny.
The Mansion at Historic Batsto Village, NJ.
What's missing? Snow, maybe???

Everyone we saw said Hello! to us. I am so not used to strangers wishing you a good day.
One of the volunteers offered to take our picture. So here is a rare picture of us together.

We only saw one Great Blue Heron at Brig today.

and only one Barred Owl!
Considering that this was Super Bowl Sunday
this was one Superb Owl to see today.


No comments:

Post a Comment