Tuesday, February 8, 2011

my poor deprived husband...

He went to read my blog tonight, to find out what I had for dinner and there was no entry. Like old Mother Hubbard's cupboard, my blog board was bare.

I had a horrible day. I woke up really early to get some of my work done. Then I went to the physiatrist to find out what was wrong with my hip and had a cortisone shot in it. The shot only hurt a little bit, but the anticipation was awful. I had other cortisone shots that were much more painful and totally ineffective. I was expecting to hear the crunch of the needle going through the joints as the other shots I had done. But that didn't happen. My hip now just aches at the injection site.

Because of the pain and everything else, I really didn't want a heavy dinner. I craved sweet, cold comfort food. Luckily we don't have cake, cookies or candy in the house, because I would have ploughed through them. Instead I made a big fruit salad with bananas, frozen cherries, pineapple, and nuts and raisins.

I put the fruit salad on top of Fage 0 Greek yogurt and put flax seed and sugar free pancake syrup on top of that. All that really did the trick, I didn't crave sweets afterward and didn't have any guilt about my sweet indulgence either.


But back to my terrible day...I got back home and felt emotionally and physically drained and I still had to work! I managed to get through the workday and then took a nice nap. My hip doesn't hurt as much as it was prior to the shot. But my experience with cortisone is that tomorrow will be an awful day.

I made my coffee and ordered more diet soda from Fresh Direct. What I really want is ice cream and cookies, but I bought blood oranges, 1/2 spinach 1/2 baby green salad, and goat cheese. Tomorrow I am going to make a big salad with all those ingredients, beets and walnuts. Should be good.


No comments:

Post a Comment