Friday, February 11, 2011

RITE AID RIP OFF!!!

I am miserable.
My hip has a dull ache in it.
Rite Aid drug store tried to rip me off (again). Last time they gave me a refund. Lets see what the rip-off artists are going to do this time. They have no idea that it's really not a good idea to rip me off when I am feeling miserable.

My doctor called in a prescription for a Ventolin Inhaler for me. Ventolin is considered a Tier 1 drug on my plan with a $10 co-pay. Rip off Rite Aid didn't have any Ventolin in stock, so they substituted a more expensive Tier 3 drug, called Pro Air. On my plan a Tier 3 drug, has a $50 co-pay. They didn't call me and advise me of the substitution. When I was at the counter questioning why I am being charged $50 for a drug that I am used to paying $10 for, they treated me as if I was some sort of dull witted idiot. They gave me a cock and bull story how I had an insurance deductible to meet. And then they tried to deceive me, by telling me that this was the drug that the doctor ordered. I knew it wasn't because, I specifically asked my doctor to fill it with the less expensive Tier 1 drug.

I called my doctor's office and verified that they did call in an order for Ventolin. I called my health plan and verified the prices with them. Then I called Rite Aid Pharmacy, I was fuming. This is when they admitted that they didn't have the less expensive Ventolin and substituted the more expensive Pro Air. I then called Rite Aid customer service and the woman on the phone didn't quite get why I was annoyed. She thought that they substituted the cheaper drug for the more expensive one, not the other way around. It took me a while to explain to her what happened. And then SHE had the nerve to be annoyed that I informed my insurance company of what had transpired.

I would have complained right away to NYC Consumer Affairs, but on the form, they ask for store's resolution to the situation. You have to give them the opportunity to rectify the situation, before you can report them.

What is annoying is that this is not the first time that Rite Aid has ripped me off. One time they had the nerve to charge me $9.99 for 4 prednisone pills. I found out that any amount that falls under your co-pay doesn't have to be approved by the insurance company. So they added a $2.50 dispensing fee to hike up my cost. After the series of letters I wrote, I received a refund.

Rite Aid's catchy slogan is With Us, It's Personal. Same here with me!

I had lots of vegetables to use up in the house. Tonight I made a stir fry with chicken, onions and red pepper. Larry came to the table with a handful of cashews, it was a good addition.
That's diet Canada Dry green tea ginger ale in the glass, not beer.



2 comments:

  1. I really believe that my capsules of meds are being only half filled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really believe that my capsules of meds are being only half filled.

    ReplyDelete