Sunday, December 20, 2009

It's beginning to look like winter


We got one foot of snow!!!!
How smart I was to purchase a new pair of snow boots this year.
It's not even winter and I will be using them.

People's reaction to winter storms in Brooklyn always surprise me. Most of us live in walking distance to a supermarket, grocery store or bodega, and now a Duane Reade, Rite-aid, Walgreens or a CVS. Do you think one of them will run out of milk or toilet paper. What's the cause for panic? In the age of Costco, don't you have a case of TP in your closet? I know I do. OMG!!! I only have 4 rolls left! Let me go to Costco the Saturday before Christmas, 1 hour before a major snow storm and stock up! I will never be able to get toilet paper again, ever! THIS IS MY VERY LAST CHANCE!!!.

Yesterday I forgot to mention the handpainted street sign I saw while walking home from dropping my car off for it's annual inspection. It said "CRUB YOUR DOG". Did they leave off "S" and was I really suppose to bathe my dog? Should the sign have read "SCRUB YOUR DOG".

Check list for emergency supplies
flashlight
batteries
hand crank radio
pop tarts
toilet paper
chicken wings
diet soda
coffee
coffee mate non dairy creamer
hand made jewelry

In case you are wondering where you can find, totally handmade, fashionable jewelry on such short notice...go to my newly created ETSY store! Even in the worst storms, you never know who you will "bunk" into while shoveling, so you should always look your best. Think of it as your ear's equivalent to a wearing clean pair of underwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment