Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Funny thing overheard today

I am sitting in a cafe, having my Vita-muffin with a cup of coffee, trying to read a book. This is the conversation I overheard.
Woman 1: What do you do for a living?
Woman 2: I am a psychiatrist
Woman 1: That must be interesting
Woman 2: It gets to be like any other job, but I love it.
Woman 1: Oh
Woman 2: Have you ever been to a psychiatrist?

Now, I am sitting, thinking (to myself), Lady, you need help, have you ever been to a psychiatrist?

Crocodile at Ding Darling NWR Florida

We spent a week on Sanibel Island, the highlight of the trip was seeing a Painted Bunting. We had 4 target birds, Wood Stork, Limpkin, Sandwich Tern and Snail Kite.
We also got our first really good look at a Pileated Woodpecker. We've heard them, we've seen the bottom half of them, but this time we saw the whole bird. They are largest woodpecker in North American.

We saw an American Crocodile which of course reminded me of this relief that is in the Musee d'Orsay in Paris

Crocodile don't eat my babies!
actually it's Les Nubiens by Ernest Barrias

When we saw this in the d'Orsay, it was like, what the hell is this about????
There must be bigger problems with the Parisian sewers than we realized...

Urban myth
There are alligators in the NYC Sewer system...
Do You Think???

Don't drink the water!!

No comments:

Post a Comment