Saturday, December 26, 2009

Are we ready to TUMBLE!!!

My wonderful husband, who saw the page from the catalog with the item circled and who I told this is what I want for Christmas as I taped the page to the wall, got the hint and bought me a jewelry tumbler kit, complete with stainless steel shot and tumbling powder for Christmas. Now as I type my projects are tumbling. Tumbling burnishes jewelry to polish it. The stainless steel shot keeps hitting the jewelry and polishes it in the tumbler. Woo-hoo!!! I was having problems finishing my work at home because I had to wait till I went to class to tumble. Over the summer I couldn't tumble at all, I would go back to class in September and the first thing I would do is grab the tumbler and get a high shine on my metal.

In the just not quite getting it category--the NY Times had an article today about how people, who have converted to Judaism, feel about Christmas. One person had a hard time parting with the Christmas tree, so now she has a Holiday Tree decorated in blue, white and silver. Another visits his family, but doesn't recite the traditional midnight Novena. But there was this one woman, in the process of converting, who wanted to make a traditional Christmas dinner for all her Jewish friends-bourbon glazed ham. I think she hasn't gotten past the intro chapter of her "How to be a Jew" textbook yet. Probably somewhere in first chapter she would have found mentioned the Kashruth if she did.

Seen at the sorely missed Waterview Diner, a Hanukkah menu posting.
Roast Lion of Pork

The Lion of Judah

No comments:

Post a Comment