Sunday, January 24, 2010

Great Weekend!

This weekend was a lot of fun. Rarely do I stay out until 2 a.m., but this Friday night, I did!

I met a woman who I have been conversing on a shared interest message board for the past year and a half. What a great time meeting her and her friends, in my neighborhood. As we walked past Urban Glass on Fulton St. I said, "this is where I took the lamp work glass bead class!" And she knew exactly what I was talking about. Which was very cool, considering very few people know what I am talking about! I miss "Girls Nite Out". A couple of drinks, some cheesy nachos, good friends, joking about men all equals a good time.

My birthday is coming up. I am really in the dumps about it. I am reading a biography that has photographs of the subject from different times in his life. I see him age from a young, strong handsome man to a very good looking middle aged man and finally to an old man. I find the effect of age on our bodies so depressing. The lines on our faces, the loss of vigor in our step, the sagging of our skin, the graying of our hair. To see all the ravages of age on a man by turning a couple of pages is horrifying. I say...that's going to happen to me. I should take my trip around the world savings and use it for my trip to the plastic surgeon's office instead. My neck looks like a chicken's, my bat wings still sway long after my arms stop moving, and I have turkey tendons in my hands.

I said my husband, how at 52, half my life is over.
His response...At 52, it's way more than half!
gee thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment