Monday, December 27, 2010

Reasons to be a Snowbird


Then and now pictures...

Just 2 weeks ago

I keep telling Larry that I want to be a snowbird.
I tell him that I want to spend the winter traveling in the south.
I don't want to buy anything in any one particular place, but rent a house for 2 months at a time in a different spot each year.

Here is the incentive...
Last night it snowed and snowed.
These are the pictures from in front of my building, couldn't venture much further down the block.
Usually you can hail a cab anytime of the day and night on Clinton St.
Doesn't look like we are going to be plowed out anytime soon.

The view from my living room window.

The beach at sunset on Sanibel Island in December


Clinton St in December.

Rockport TX in Feb.

Clinton Street in December
Doesn't look like I will be getting to my car anytime soon.

Guarjataca, PR in December.
Hard to believe that just a quick flight away, warm tropical breezes instead of wind gusts and real feel temperatures in the single digits.
(Look how happy I am, Larry.)

Picture this man, who was a delight to be with,
shoveling out a path to this car...

(the NY Times liked the above photo well enough to publish it on their site! see below)
and then digging it out.


How many more years till retirement?


On the NYTimes.com website. Send Your Snow Photos
My photo....

No comments:

Post a Comment