Sunday, December 5, 2010

Picture of ME!!!

Larry took this photo of me with my new jacket on. I am slowly pulling out the winter gear. Flannel lined jeans, fleece, 2 pairs of gloves. I was wearing long johns. Nothing like a wind chill factor of 28 degrees to get the blood going.

It was cold and windy yesterday. First we went to Long Island then to Jamaica Bay. We saw the usual cast of characters floating about.

Today was really windy and we decided not to go out birding. I went to Zumba instead and cooked Chicken with white beans for dinner. It was supposed to be white chili, but I only had red bell peppers in the house.

I think that I might start adding my recipes to my blog. I make lots of low fat, low calorie dishes.




Shari's Chicken and White Beans.
2 cups cooked white beans.
3 chicken drumsticks
3 chicken thighs
2 onions, diced
1 lb tomatillos, diced
2 yellow or red bell peppers, diced
jalepenos
salt, pepper, Jamaican Curry Powder (do not use Indian Curry Powder).

Remove Skin and excess fat from chicken and season with salt and pepper. Heat a cast iron skillet for a few minutes, spray with cooking spray. Brown chicken on all sides, remove from skillet. Add onions to skillet and sautee for about 5 minutes. Add tomatillos and peppers. Add more salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutess, add some water (if not using canned beans) and Curry Powder, stir. Add beans if not canned, and chicken, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. If beans are canned, use liquid from beans instead of water. And add the canned beans to the stew in the last 5 minutes of cooking. Adjust seasoning.

I wanted to keep my points low for the day, so I didn't serve over rice and, feel free to add garlic.

I have been busy calculating points for all my favorite foods this week. I am really liking this new system much better than the old one. I am happy that I have 29 points and that the fruit and most of the vegetables are zero points. I have been weighing and measuring my food again and I find that I am not using my flex points or my activity points. Maybe I will lose the 4 pounds that I gained and finally get 5 pounds below goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment