Monday, May 24, 2010

The Road Well Traveled

We don't exactly travel light!
We have a computer, a scope, an electric percolator, diet soda and snacks.
We are ready to roll!

Here I am, after 30 miles of walking in three and a half days, doing the tourist thing in the Nation's Capital and then off to do some serious birding at Bombay Hook, NWR in Dover, DE.
I am ready for the mosquitoes, the ticks and the no-see-ums.
I get the point...
Larry at the Washington Monument.

Larry under the Chinese Gate in Washington.

Larry by the Capitol Building
They didn't let us get close enough to take a picture in front of the White House, so no Larry.


They call it a Reflecting Pool...

We took a road trip to Washington DC. I haven't been there in 32 years. One thing really stands out in our nation's capital. There are no supermarkets. I don't know where the residents get their groceries. The 5 days I was there, I didn't even see a truck delivering food. No wonder why everyone was so thin, they don't have any food. There was a Starbucks on every corner. Everywhere I went I saw people drinking coffee. They say caffeine is an appetite suppressant.

The streets were very clean. The metro system boasted that they didn't have any rats, unlike another system, they refused to mention. They said it was because there was no eating or drinking allowed in the system. Even if you wanted to eat something, there was no where to buy any food.

No food, no litter, no rats...Problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment