Saturday, May 8, 2010

May 8th-jamaica bay


It turned out to be a beautiful day. The morning weather reports threatened rain, and indeed, there were a few light showers, but nothing like they predicted ocurred at Jamaica Bay. Seeing my favorite bird, the American Oyster Catcher, made it a complete birdwatching day for me.

We saw cygnets, goslings and owlets today. Last night I had a dream that Larry and I had to cross a bridge and there were Canada Geese on eggs and with goslings sitting in the middle of the road blocking our way. I must be psychic, because that is exactly what happened today!


These adorable, little yellow and black goslings were being guarded by their parents in the middle of the path. They were so cute!



Looking for Larry (Notice the evil eye!!!)

Get away from Larry!

No comments:

Post a Comment