Friday, February 26, 2010

Enough Already!

At first it's romantic. A gentle snow falling. You remember playing in it as kid, you recall the how good the hot chocolate tasted after sledding for hours or how nice it felt to slip on your gloves after they've been sitting on the radiator all night. But now we put aside our childish notions and take out our shovels and shout, Enough Already! I am sick and tired of digging out the car. My driving skills have been tested enough by parallel parking between snow mounds.

Will I ever see the car again?


Even though I have had enough of the snow for this winter and the next few winters, I have to admit it adds a dignified, graceful beauty that causes us to notice the everyday objects we generally take for granted, and ignore.


And it brings out the kid in all of us...


So don your best ermine...


Take a friend by the hand...


and get out there

I won't last forever (thank god!).

The best comment overheard today..."honey, they don't need any snow, they have their own".

No comments:

Post a Comment